Heard It Through The Grapevine

Do you know what is cool about North America and Europe?  When you buy raisins, the stems are already taken out of them and they are clean.  I just spent an hour watching Oprah** and destemming a kilo of raisins so that I can boil them to clean them, and then use them in Moose Balls  (haha… I laugh a lot every time I say it), my favourite Christmas treat.

Be thankful for your stem-less, clean raisins.

**Is it just me or is Oprah becoming really annoying?  It’s like she wants me to want her off the air.  She has to yell-sing her guests onto the stage, every time.  “It’s Docto Oooooooooooz… Oooooz…… OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZ!”  Stop your yell-singing, Oprah, I don’t like it.  Neither do the raisins.

7 thoughts on “Heard It Through The Grapevine

1. Lori says:

she’s pumping up for the new network. OWN

2. Rachel says:

I got tired of Oprah about 7 years ago!

3. Kim says:

I have tired of her a long time ago too, I only watch when I am home sick during the day, then it makes me feel better….somehow.

I’ve been over Oprah for years now. Although I must confess that I’ve been watching her farewell season out of pure curiosity. And yes, the yell-singing has got to stop!

As for the raisins, I’ll never take them for granted again. PS What are Moose Balls?

5. Michelle says:

Oh Sonya, you don’t know what moose balls are? They are the bestest yummiest Christmas cookie…they resemble a timbit, however they are an oatmeal/raisin/apple/nut cookie rolled into little balls and then rolled in icing sugar. They are actually called “Icing Sugar balls” but our family calls them Moose balls because of an inside joke.

White Girl you should send her the recipe!!!!!
    And White girl, I too have been tired of Oprah for a very long time…she tries too hard.
    And I will never look at a humiliated grape…oops I mean raisin, the same again.

6. Cindy says:

Oprah has always been annoying – I’ve seen SNL-esque skits where she is depicted as the devil (quite funny) and Dr. Phil as Hitler (even funnier) – I’ve heard called the anti-Christ by one band…. ;0)
    Anyway – enjoy your moose droppings – sorry – balls.

7. Cindy says:

oops – I forgot the word ‘her’ in my anti-Christ sentence…. *sigh* guess I should proofread better