I Need A Botanical Detective

Can anyone tell me what this is?

It is growing on an otherwise bare tree, since it’s “winter” in the desert. It looks feathery, and seems to move lightly in the wind.

Lola thinks we have a loofah tree and mock acted out calling to me from the shower, “Mama! Can you get me a loofah from the tree.” Then she busted a gut laughing. She stopped laughing pretty quickly when my friend said that maybe it was a bat’s nest. It reminded me of that Loud Mouth Frog joke. oh. is that so?

12 thoughts on “I Need A Botanical Detective

1. thatgirl says:

Could be a little world living inside, you know like on Horton Hears A Who, and it’s your job to save the inhabitants from being destroyed. Every life counts, no matter how small.
    Or it could be some sort of spy camera set up in your garden to keep watch on the goings on of your house. I’d check it if I were you!

2. Kim says:

I’d say it’s Cotton. dying to be made into something magnificent!

Thanks, thatgirl, now I’m paranoid.

Kim, it’s more feathery. Really. It’s very strange and mysterious. I wonder if I should submit it to a strange botanicals periodical. Perhaps I’ve discovered a new species of plant!

Sorry, I have no clue what it is. It sure looks neat though!

5. fiona says:

I have no clue what it is, either, but I just want to point out to you that I’M ALL CAUGHT UP!!! Phewf! That took me awhile but it was fun reading … now I can’t wait until the next episode! … and maybe I’ll return to my own blog someday soon. 😉

It’s a little sad when you get to the end, isn’t it? But it’s not really the end – it’s just that you have to wait for the new episodes just like everyone else. Although, I have been writing more regularly lately, so you’ll most likely have a new episode to read when you wake up.

Oh. Look at that. There is! 😉

7. fiona says:

I love that you write regularly. You’ve always got something amusing, educational or Jack-Handy-deep-thoughtish to share. I love it. You inspired me to be honest on my own blog about what I’ve been going through. I really do thank you for questioning me. It’s helped me tremendously!

It has been a mini-goal of mine to write more regularly, so I’m glad you appreciate it! And, somehow, my life keeps giving me plenty of material.

9. Di says:

no kidding, white girl! you’re so regular i’m falling behind! but i love it!! (you just can’t reference posts in emails until MY weekend, because that’s when i do most of my catching up. which you can usually tell by the onslaught of comments.)

I’ll be sure to preface any reference to posts in my email by “Have you read my blog?” Then you’ll know it’s time to catch up.

11. http://www./ says:

I wonder if they just have little credit and or assets under their names. They had school paid for, they had the house(s) bought for them, the fakery isn’t fully owned by them and may be not doing well or breaking even and Kerf makes money off a blog so I’m not sure how the banks deal with that when applying for a loan.I’m guessing Karen has to co-sign.