Something’s Simmering

And it ain’t soup.  (Lola’s grammar lesson this week was about how ain’t isn’t really a word.  Good thing I’m her teacher!)

I have a little plan up my sleeves, or is it sleeve?  If it’s a big enough plan, I guess I should use both sleeves.  But with all great plans, there has to be help in the preparations.  This is where you all come in.  I’m wondering if you could tell me:

What has been your favourite Sand In My Eyes post?

You don’t have to go through all the trouble of looking up the links.  I can do that.  Just leave your “I liked the one where…” comment in the comments section.

I’ll start.  It’s only fair, I guess.

I liked the one where I told y’all about the dream I had about The Mister taking a 2nd wife.

And then there was the one where I stuck it to the new second wife by making The Mister’s favourite dessert FIRST. Suck it, 2nd!  Suck IT.

(I’m so over it, don’t worry.  I’ve moved on.)

(Kind of.)

(I am also in the mood to abuse parentheses.)

(Just click on the comments link, and leave your fave.  Help me to stop hurting these defenseless brackets)

10 thoughts on “Something’s Simmering

1. Cindy says:

My first thought is the one where you had the dream as well. I also really liked the one where you mentioned your inner 8 year old loving the notebook with “pee-pee” on the cover. There was one that made me laugh out loud (AT WORK) and I wish I could rememeber it but it escapes me! I do believe I made a comment about not reading your posts at work anymore…

2. Lauren says:

The pimple worm post always makes bad-face days bearable.

3. Lori says:

Comments about your neighbour wedding music all night and the audio clip of it.

Thanks for these responses, I’m saving them for future warfare use.

“Pearls Of Wisdom” really made me laugh. (Because I’ve been in that same situation. Men! Sheesh!) Also, when you told the story of The Mister slyly pouring out the gross tea into the sand while you were on vacation. I can totally picture it in my mind and it makes me giggle.

Pearls of Wisdom – I read that one again and snorted.

And, yes, The Mister and the gross goat’s milk tea. I was really so very jealous until I found out what he was actually drinking. Not so jealous anymore. I love it when he gives me material to write about. It’s like he’s not even trying!

7. Kim says:

I have to say pimple worm, but the one that hit home to me was apple pie and bridesmaids.

1. Because I wouldn’t turn down your pie.
    2. Because I laughed me way through the whole movie without once giving thought to the hurting woman I was watching. It opened my eyes….and my heart to the reality I am now working in–I needed a BIG reality check, I was filling myself with too much crap…it was affecting me.

8. thatgirl says:

Under Pressure made me laugh so much, and I loved the commentary on your grandma.

Duly noted. Thanks, thatgirl!

10. fiona says:

Oh wow. That’s a really tough question. My first thought was when The Mister poured out the tea as well … but that might be because I read it so recently. If any others come to mind, I’ll let you know, but right now, I’m sticking with that one.